Now that 2019 is upon us, we would like to encourage you to make sure you are adopting proper dental hygiene practices. If you are already doing so, great! Keep up the good work! If not and one of your resolutions is to have better dental hygiene practices. Here are some tips!
- Start brushing two times a day for two minutes each time. This will lead to healthier teeth, good breath, fewer cavities, and will help you avoid painful dental problems.
- Floss daily. Flossing allows you to get the food out from in between your teeth, which helps prevent cavities.
- Chew sugarless gum. Chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes after you eat, will increase saliva production. Increased saliva production help to prevent tooth decay.
- Eat a healthy diet. Processed foods can be hard on your teeth. Eat a balanced diet with limited snacking in between meals to cut down on the amount of acid on your teeth.
- Drink a lot of water. Water with fluoride help prevent cavities by making teeth more resistant to the acid that causes the cavities.
- Visit your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings. Now that it’s the new year your dental benefits have renewed. Schedule an appointment with your dentist and start off the year with a healthy smile.
These are just a few ways you can have a healthier mouth this year! For more tips, check out the rest of our blog posts. Let’s make 2019 the year for our teeth yet!